My Journey toward eCPTX

Hello Everyone,

m0nkeyshell is back again, I hope you all are doing well !! in this crisis situation.

Stay Home Stay Safe Wear Mask.

Before going into the details I would like to mention that I failed my 1st attempt and after a week I gave my 2nd attempt and cleared the exam.

Lesson learned from my 1st attempt.

So I have taken the elite version of PTX v1 course back in November 2017. Yes you read it correct back in 2017. After my initial glance through course material  I was scared as the concept of the attack and the methodology was totally new for me. Fast forward in 2019 I did 3 certification OSCP, CRTP & CRTE. Even so I was not enough confident to do PTX but in 2020 I completed GCB labs (exam is still pending) that gave me enough confident.

When I compare PTX vs Other Course it quit different like it more of real world attack especially it includes c2, evasion and external attack and also various way of executing the payloads which I seriously loved. 

I gave my First Exam attempt on 18th July 2020 and I was able to only get  4 machines during the exam out of 7.
During my 1st attempt I did not focused on understanding the lab instead I just attack the lab here and there which made the lab very unstable and all my shell were dying this made me so frustrated.
I just over complicated the exam but exam was pretty simple and I understood that after I failed my 1st attempt.  

Lesson learned from my 2nd attempt.

So I gave my 2nd attempt on 25th July 2020 and I was able to compromise all the machines. Interestingly my exam lab did not even crash for even once in 2nd attempt as I understood how to executed code without crashing the labs. Simple Example don't run your payload directly from your previous shell instead try to execute it as a completely in a new process. So it wont kill your current / new shell if you either of your shell die's.

Exam Labs are stable, go through the course material and you will understand what I mean because their main focus is to understand how to actually attack with carefulness means when you are in the corporate environment you won't like to impact the existing services during your assessment.

Note:- Course Material are enough to pass the exam.

Below is small comparison about different courses which I have done.
All the below three course are awesome and I would recommend that if you love to do certification like me go for all

PTX v1
CRTP
CRTE
Labs are stable
Labs are stable
Labs are stable
Dimitri gave awesome support
Support is awesome
Support is awesome
External Black box attack
Assumed Breach
Assumed Breach
Focused on Linux to AD
No Linux
No Linux
Metasploit & Power empire
Mostly Powershell
Mostly Powershell
Network Segmentation
No Network Segmentation
Network Segmentation
Various evasion Techniques
No evasion apart from AMSI
No evasion apart from AMSI
Layer 2 tunneling
No layer 2 tunneling
No layer 2 tunneling
MITM
No MITM
No MITM

I would like to thanks everyone who are always there for me 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Process Injection - Part I

Introduction to Callidus

Exploring the Dark Side of Package Files and Storage Account Abuse